Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tiny Dolls

A few weeks ago I showed you some tiny clothes I was embroidering...


And I've now got the final product to show you!


As I mentioned before this doll is taken from the book Felt Wee Folk.  This is my first project from the book but I doubt it will be my last!  I love embroidering on wool felt and it was such fun to play clothing designer as I sewed.  The body is made from embroidery floss wrapped pipe cleaners.  This doll wasn't my first attempt at pipe cleaner dolls.  Many years ago I made lots, and sold some under the name "Laura's Lassies".  I started with basic dolls...


And then started making them as dancers!  These ones are based on costumes from one of the dance shows I was in.


Here are some more balletic ones.


There are lots more too, I'll have to see if I can find pictures of the costumes these are based on.  Would you be interested in seeing?

1 comment: