Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spur of the Moment Crafting


You know how sometimes a craft project sits neglected in a box or closet for weeks or months and other times you're hit with inspiration and you've got a completely new project started and completed in a day?  Saturday (being one of those rare days when I had nothing I had to do) I was hit with the sudden notion to make paper.  OK, maybe it wasn't so sudden - I had been making paper with the toddlers at work during this past week (for our Earth/Environment theme), remembered how much fun it was and really wanted to experiment with it, on my own, without a bunch of 1 & 2 year olds to supervise!  So I got out my paper making stuff:


(The big screen is from a paper making kit I got years ago at Michaels or some such, the small screen I made from 2 IKEA frames, glass removed, and some window screen.)

Blended up some paper I rescued from the recycle bin and ended up with some lovely little sheets:

The one on the left is computer paper that had been printed on.  I like how some of the letters are still visible (I think you can see more clearly in the photo at the top of the post).  The one on the right was the leftover pulp from the computer paper, some manilla paper scraps and a couple used tea bags that I let sit in boiling water for a few minutes.  I also used the tea pulp to make hearts:


I think I might iron them out a bit, just to flatten everything out, but otherwise it's a craft project done in a day!  I had another I need to make this right now moment on the weekend, more about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment