Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Knitters' Fair



On the weekend I went to the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters' Fair. I hadn't been before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Oh my! So much lovely yarn, roving and inspiration! Two rooms of the convention centre were taken over with vendors selling all things knitting. My game plan was to look first and then go back to buy. I did pretty well till I came across hand painted turquoise and brown wool. So soft, just my colours, but only one skein. I knew it wouldn't be there if I came back later so I bought that right away. Then a mitten kit that had almost sold out in the half hour since I first spotted it. After that I was good and concentrated on buying yarn to use for gifts. A very successful trip! I could hardly wait to get home and get the yarn photographed so I could break open the packages and cast on. So far I have cast on two of the projects, it took a little longer then expected as I forgot about having to wind the skeins into balls but now all is set for some serious knitting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice selection of yarn. With all the beautiful yarns available I guess I should really take up knitting or brush up on my crocheting skills.

    ReplyDelete